For the special accounting period, it is required to obtain permission from the Ministry of Finance (Revenue Administration) with a petition. The reason for requesting the special accounting period must be specified and documented.

Taxpayers who want to pass to the special accounting period in terms of the nature of their activities can apply with a petition explaining the reason for the change in the accounting period. However, the organizations that want to pass to the special accounting period in order to consolidate the financial statements due to their foreign partners, will add to their petitions relating to a special accounting period.

The document including the notarized Turkish translation of the corporation’s charter showing the accounting period of the foreign partner or including the accounting period to be obtained from the independent auditing institutions or the relevant public administration of the country where the foreign partner is located, will be attached to the petition.

Source: GİB
Legal Notice: The information in this article is intended for information purposes only. It is not intended for professional information purposes specific to a person or an institution. Every institution has different requirements because of its own circumstances even though they bear a resemblance to each other. Consequently, it is your interest to consult on an expert before taking a decision based on information stated in this article and putting into practice. Neither Karen Audit nor related person or institutions are not responsible for any damages or losses that might occur in consequence of the use of the information in this article by private or formal, real or legal person and institutions.